Has this ever happened to you?
NPC: So what are you up to?
- Saving the universe because I’m awesome like that.
- None of your business, jerk.
- [Flirt] Nothing much…
You pick 3 and bam! Fade to black!
Wait, what? All I said was…? ESCAPE ESCAPE ESCAPE! Oh crap, too late, the quest completion popup is up. I guess I have space herpes now.
Congrats! You got BSOCKed (Black Screen of Carnal Knowledge). It can be pretty disconcerting if it’s unintentional or unexpected.
How to avoid the dreaded Surprise BSOCK.
- [Flirt] via holocom. If you’re on your ship and you’re talking to some dude halfway across the galaxy, you can be as suggestive as you want. I doubt he’s going to materialize and drag you back to your bunk.
- Avoid [Flirt] if you don’t intend to give it up. Be warned, that might not avoid all BSOCK, but should help avoid the surprise variety.
- Look at the question first! Even without a [Flirt] before it, some answers will still lead to the BSOCK. If the question is “do you want to come to my quarters?” and you say yes… well DUH. “Wait, I thought we were going there to play Scrabble?” Not in this galaxy.
- Don’t send your companion away. If your companion offers to leave, and you say “sure, I want to be alone with this guy” you might as well paint your screen black.
- Hover over the escape button when you [Flirt]. If things don’t go your way, ESCAPE! Now if only there were such a do-over IRL for bad dates…
Don’t let space herpes happen to you!