Patch 1.3. I was right to panic. There is so much to do! And I won’t be online until Wednesday, so other people will get a head start. THE HORROR.
Gather All Recipes. For armormech and synthweaving that should be about 200 of them. No, really.
How I handle all that?
- A spreadsheet of what I do and don’t have. It’s color coded so it’s easy to see what is still missing.
- A money limit on GTN purchases. For example: no more than 10k on a recipe, no more than 5k on a sith-only recipe (since we’re republic). Once I’m only missing a few odd recipes, I don’t give a crap how much they cost, but in the beginning when spreading my net wide, I need to conserve money.
- Run the underworld trading missions. Especially in the beginning, every procced recipe may be a new recipe! And if it’s not new to me, I sell the sucker to people who are also gathering the recipes. Win/win.
Augment All MY Things. But first, back up, I gotta figure out what I’m going to be wearing – and that is highly dependent on what the new recipes look like… and I won’t have those right away. So we have an order of operations here:
- First learn all the recipes (at least for medium armor)
- pick an entire coordinating outfit
- augment the crap out of it
Folks, I know it’s going to be tempting to start augmenting the shit out of things to be as leet as possible, but it’s expensive to move mods. It’s expensive to make and add augment kits. It’s expensive to make augments. Take a breath, see what is out there, and then decide. It will take a few days, probably a week, for all the new orange recipes to be known and available.
Augment All The Guild Things. Now this is going to be the hardest.
I do NOT have enough mats to support the entire guild when things are needed all in a rush. Previously I’ve been able to easily gather what is needed because the items were needed one or two – or even 4- at a time. And the mats are going to be BEYOND expensive the first week, if they are available at all.
Plus, cranking out things takes a ton of time… so it may only be possible to make 3-4 kits each night when I log in, and I’m counting both level 50 toons in that estimate.
I’m thinking of a gradual approach by necessity… where we all prioritize our best pieces and work our way down. After all, there is no huge rush to get everything all fixed up right away… we’re not exactly cutting edge. I just have to remind myself that life goes on even if we’re not all fully augmented to the eyeballs within a week.