As you know, I’m a crazy person, and have been gathering orange fashion schematics like a maniac since 1.3 dropped. I have definitely hit the halfway point in the new recipes where my spreadsheet is more green than red, so to speak.
A few of my crazy habits. Don’t try this at home.
- When I find a good deal on a schematic, I cackle and say “YOINK” out loud as I buy it. The husband looks at me like I’m a nutball.
- One time, I bought something at an awesome price, and when I went to my mail, it returned my bid because someone else had bought the damn thing a second before I had. So now if I see a really good deal, I don’t check to see if I already have it. I snap it up. I can just turn around and resell it for a profit if it turns out I already have it.
- I check the GTN each time I play before I start gaming for realsies, and again before I log for the night.
- If I can’t sleep, I check the GTN. If I have extra time in the morning (unlikely), I check the GTN.
- My budget varies depending on the item. I am not willing to spend as much money on sith-only recipes, and I’m much more likely to spend serious cash on a medium armor recipe because both my 50′s wear medium armor.
- My budget for a schematic has gradually increased as I near the end of my gathering. I figure if I’ve been checking obsessively and I haven’t seen it by NOW, it’s probably very rare and damn well worth the steep price.
- The most I’ve paid for a schematic is 120k credits.
- The least I’ve paid for a schematic is 5 credits. Multiple times. Suckers.
- I refuse to pay 300k for the belt that I don’t have that is right now listed on the GTN.1
- I was so obsessed with a specific pair of gloves for my own outfit that I sent the minions on Tier 2 Underworld Trading missions nonstop until I got it. It took about 2 days.2
- I have no earthly clue what Underworld Trading missions are more likely to proc a schematic, so I just send out the minions on random ones of the appropriate level (or of multiple levels). By the time the idiots come back, I forget which mission I sent them on. And I’m not industrious enough to actually keep a record or spreadsheet.3
- For some reason, I’m much closer to finishing out my armormech schematics than my synthweaving schematics. And I know that there are more synthweaving schematics than armormech schematics, but I’m talking percentages here. The armormech spreadsheet is greener.