In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Scream That You Need Heals
From talking with a fellow healer, it has become clear that SOME DPS did not get the following memo:
From: Your Healers
DO NOT STAND IN THE FUCKING FIRE, KTHX
Ahem. Now, if you’re still having trouble after reading the above informative memo, there are a few things that you can (SHOULD) do.
1. Zoom Your Camera Out
I know your flips and twirls look awesome. They won’t look awesome when you’re dead because you couldn’t see the fire on the floor. Zoom out. Way out.
2. Look and Listen For the Clues
I am the worst about playing with my sound off – however, without addons, you don’t get a ton of warning, so listen up!
- Sometimes there is a big red warning across the screen when the boss is about to activate a special ability.
- Sometimes the boss will SAY something (also will be in your chat log). Learn what each verbal clue means.
Watch and Listen for these. Don’t depend on someone else to call them out.
3. Don’t Walk Backwards
You back up slower than you run forward. Always run forward out of crap, even if you’re running in the wrong direction.1 Usually, you can swing back around to the proper position.
4. Drop Everything and Run
Do not finish that channel or cast. I don’t care if it’s on an eleventybillion hour cooldown, when you need to run, you fucking run.
5. Use Cooldowns, But Not As A Substitute To GTFO
Using cooldowns is good. You still have to get the hell out of the fire, fast. Use them when you’re running out of the fire. Don’t pop your cooldown and say “don’t worry guys, I’m mitigating the… OW IT BURNS.”
6. Excuses Will Not Save You
You didn’t have lag. The dog didn’t pee on your keyboard. Just suck it up and do better next time.
This post is dedicated to Veela. No, not the one from the Revan novel.
- Advanced lesson – mouse turn so you’re in the right direction, fool! ↩