Continuing the trend of “The family that plays SWTOR together pwns the everlovin’ crap out of everything together”, we went to Kuat Drive Yards.
You might say that we’re teaching our kiddo from the ground up. Right now, we’re not giving a crap whether she knows which abilities pack the biggest wallop. She might as well faceroll her abilities. We’re focusing on those basic gaming skills, habits that she will carry with her between characters and games:
- Following the leader (seriously, getting lost is one of my things)
- Movement, positioning, and mouse turning (so… proud)
- Keybinding (I haven’t even mentioned to her that it’s possible to click those icons…)
- Getting out of the bad (new lesson in KDY!)
That last one, getting out of the bad… well many adults fail at that. So I was delighted last night when she took our advice to heart in KDY. Every time there was a red circle, she would run off and holler “RED CRAP ON THE GROUND! RED CRAP ON THE GROUND!”1
When we finished, she was surprised that it was already past her bedtime. We had spent almost an hour in KDY. She said “It goes so fast! It only felt like 15 minutes!” Welcome to the MMO time-warp, kiddo.
- OK, that’s a parenting fail there, I probably should not be telling her to avoid “crap”, swearing FTL. ↩