So I’m at the bioware cantina crawl and people are telling me I need to get more blog exposure.
Please, more people, read my drivel! Here’s what I could be doing to get more attention:
- Register with the community team as a fan site (OK, check!)
- Do that reddit (swtor subreddit) thing. I signed up and started answering questions, and I’m actually pretty good at that. Surprisingly, there are a lot of people who care about looking cool. I even added sharing buttons at the bottom of posts and social sharing links at the very bottom the feed footer so people can share posts on Reddit.
- Post on the official forums (now THAT is a hive of scum and villainy. I still haven’t done that.)
- Maybe do a developer interview (I’m not sure that I’m the right person for THAT, snicker)
- Be a guest on a podcast? I’m going to file that under “totally do not have the time to block out for that.” (Writing posts can be done in bits, not like a podcast.)
- I’m sure collecting underpants was one of the steps. There is no profit (because I don’t run ads, they are icky)!
I might be getting more readers! I’m thinking about the cons though:
- Trolls are morons
- My hosting might explode (since I pay out of pocket AND don’t run ads, I really hope this doesn’t happen. I can’t afford to be too popular.)
- Pressure to actually write something informational (har har)
If you regulars suddenly start to see new faces around here, cool. If they behave like assholes, feel free to nuke them from orbit. That’s the only way to be sure.
Now, my first “fan site perk” – a new wallpaper. Here, you will see a charming scene of republic and empire putting aside their differences and heading out for a night of drunken debauchery in Nar Shaddaa, culminating with fireworks and watching the ball drop… I mean SPACE-ball drop.