Now, I know a lot of people are concerned with spoilers in such a story-oriented game. So here’s how I’m going to handle spoilers.
NOTE: I am far less vigilant about spoilers now that the game has been out for almost 2 years. Caveat emptor.
What is a spoiler?
A spoiler is something that gives away the story elements of the game. Such as: “You find out that so-and-so is some other dude’s father in Quest X”. That would be a spoiler.
Things that are NOT spoilers: talent trees, evaluation of skills and combat, gameplay, companion names and abilities, gearing, theorycraft, etc.
If you don’t want to know anything before you see it in-game, avoid blogs. Srs.
If the entire post (or significant portion of the post) is full of spoilers:
- I will put put a ***BIG RED WARNING*** at the start of the spoiler part. Hopefully, people will be alerted to STOP READING.
- On the website, I will do a “read more” cut so that the spoilers do not appear on the front page. You will have to click through to see the whole spoileriffic post.
- In the mobile site, you only see the titles to the article on the front page, so when you click in, you will be faced with the whole article, spoilers and all. However, there will be the ***BIG RED WARNING*** at the start of the spoiler part, so stop reading.
- Within the feed reader, the article will not be truncated. There will still be the ***BIG RED WARNING*** at the start of the spoiler part so you know to stop reading right there.
- In some feed readers the ***BIG RED WARNING*** may be a ***BIG WARNING IN DEFAULT FONT COLOR***, but it will still be in caps, in bold, and with stars.
If it is a small spoiler (a paragraph or less):
Do you have a better way?
Let me know. I’m amenable to changing the method if this isn’t working.