Besides all that “new content” and “flashpoint” tomfoolery, here’s what is happening in Patch 2.7 (important according to me.)
Quality of Life Changes To Reduce reliance on RNG
These affect both DPS specs of sorc/sage and the arsenal/gunnery tree of merc/commando
- Lightning Barrage now has a 50%/100% chance to grant a Lightning Barrage charge when using Lightning Strike on a target affected by the user’s Affliction. A Lightning Barrage charge causes the user’s next Force Lightning to channel and damage twice as fast.
- The chance to trigger Lightning Storm is now 100% (up from 60% for Lightning Strike and Thundering Blast and 20% for Force Storm) and is based on ability activation rather than dealing damage with Lightning Strike, Thundering Blast, or Force Storm. The 10-second rate limit remains, and Force Storm now shares a rate limit with Lightning Strike and Thundering Blast.
- Wrath now builds up a charge whenever the Sorcerer deals damage with Force Lightning. At 3 charges, the next Lightning Strike or Crushing Darkness is activated instantly and deals 35% more damage.
- Barrage now has a 33%/67%/100% chance to occur when using Tracer Missile or Power Shot.
RNG = fail.
Aoe targeting changes
New options are available for the Ground Target Area of Effect reticle:
- Sticky Ground Target Reticule – When active, this option makes it so your Ground Target Reticule doesn’t disappear if the target location is out of range or the ability otherwise fails. Example: Bounty Hunter attempts to activate Death From Above, but their target location is out of range. With this option active, the GTAoE reticule will persist and allow the player to instantly attempt to use the ability again. If this option isn’t active, then the reticule will disappear and the player will have to click again.
- Quick Ground Target Activation – When active, pressing a hotkey that belongs to a GTAoE twice will use the ability at the feet of the Player’s target. Example: The Player has the Pass the Huttball ability saved to Hotkey #3. The Player targets an ally and then presses 3 two times. The Huttball Pass will be activated at the feet of the targeted ally. If this option is turned off, then there are no changes to the existing behavior.
This one will be awesome for healers and dps alike – including, once again, sorcs and sages. Sorcs/sages really win this patch.
Standardized labeling for item levels.
- All equippable gear pieces have their Item Rating displayed in the tooltip. Weapons and armor have not changed.
- In the equipment tooltips, mods/enhancements now display their Item Rating in parentheses instead of their Item Level.
- While unequipped, mods/enhancements display their Item Rating in their tooltip.
About. Freaking. Time.
TL;DR Arguably buffs for PvE, definite nerfs for PvP.
Exfiltrate has been redesigned. Using Exfiltrate grants a charge lasting 10 seconds that allows the player to Exfiltrate again within a 10 second window, after the second roll the ability goes on a ten second cooldown. If the charge is not used during this ten second window the ability remains off cooldown to be used again at a later time. In addition the energy cost has been removed making the ability free to use and the player no longer Exfiltrates a shorter distance if snared.
This prevents “chain rolling” but is actually a boon in PvE as it allows you to get out of the bad without using up your energy pool.
Surgical Precision now grants Tactical Advantage when Surgical Probe is used regardless of the target’s health, but this effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
No more spamming your instant on low health group members to keep them alive, but an overall throughput boost during the course of the fight.
Agent/Smuggler Flashbang Changes
Nerfed for Snipers/Gunslingers, Stays same for Operatives/Scoundrels. The baseline is reduced to one target for agent/smuggler, and then bumped back up to 5 targets in the operative/scoundrel advanced class.
- Flashbang now only blinds a single target.
- Preparedness now allows Flashbang to blind up to 5 targets within 5 meters.
Yep… a little confusing, but it ends up as a sniper/slinger nerf. Probably also a PvP motivated change.
What are you excited about (or hate) for Patch 2.7?