I want to craft again. Right now, nobody wants to buy my stuff. Quite frankly, the stuff I can craft kinda sucks too.
- I’m tired of being stuck with republic-skinned clothes no matter what I make
- Item sets that are identical to each other. Seriously! If you don’t believe me, check out the Republic Trooper and Hardened Plastifold sets or the Jedi Sage and Consular Adept sets.
- The shoes and gloves don’t match.
- Companions can’t wear republic-restricted or empire-restricted orange items. This is because the items are (dumbly) restricted to specific classes. For example medium armor is restricted to sentinel or smuggler and Doc, being neither of those things, cannot wear the badass sunglasses.
Let’s compare now to the cartel market, shall we?
- Full matching sets
- Adaptive gear, not class-restricted.
- Appearance the same across faction
- ALL THE FASHION IS FUCKING COOL LOOKING
It’s no contest. This cartel market bullshit is interfering with my enjoyment of fashion. And no, I don’t want this whole thing to be solved by new recipes… on the cartel market, or purchasable with cartel rep, or as random crap in cartel packs because, seriously, fuck the cartel market.
We need to level the playing field, and fast. So, behold, my totally awesome list of Things Bioware Should Do To Keep Me Happy Because I Am Important.
1. Crafted Orange Adaptive armor. Why the hell not? Everyone’s wearing inappropriate-looking items anyway. If you wanted people to stick to looking like what their class is, don’t make bikinis.
2. Imperial and Republic recipes usable by both factions (and companions!). I want to wear the imp-only recipes. I want to wear the imp-skin of the recipes available to both sides. Why? See above re: ridiculous bikinis.
3. Matching Sets. OK, guys, seriously, why things named the same don’t match the same is just beyond me. But, for the love of Pete, don’t start changing the skins of existing items. Just rename them or something and add in the matching stuff. Because changing the skins of things without notice is not a good idea, as you well learned.
4. More recipes. The cartel market is starting to have the monopoly on cool shit.
- It should be accessible to casual players (not a stupidly long grind, not BOP drops in nightmare mode). The current random proc on UT missions is pretty annoying, but not the worst.
- Embargoed cartel items should become craftable, and the recipes should be obtainable from the vendor for credits instead of the current system where the items themselves are obtainable for credits. After all, the cartel market isn’t making money off those items anymore. Why not filter the credit sink through the crafters?
- It would be SUPER FUN if we could reverse engineer green drops in the world to learn the orange version. It would create a market for these low-level items to help people leveling up make credits – and encourage low-level F2P players to purchase access to the GTN. But, I know, the world would EXPLODE if we retroactively applied anything cool.
- P.S. Fuck the cartel market.
OK, that is all for now. Carry on.